Job Title: Administrative and Program Coordinator
Supervisor: Administrative and Program Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
Date: November 2022
Rate: $19.00 - $21.00/ hour (+$2.30/hour COVID Hazard Pay - must be on site to receive - temporary benefit until June 2023)
Reporting to the Administrative and Program Manager, the Administrative and Program Coordinator provides administrative and clerical support for El Camino Homeless Organization’s (ECHO), staff and assists with programs for shelter residents and visiting clients. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. The Administrative and Program Coordinator will work closely with the Administrative and Program Manager but will also assist the whole ECHO team with their administrative needs and coordinate with them to provide enrichment activities for the adults and children of the shelter.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about engaging individuals experiencing homelessness, can work independently, and is a team player. We are looking for someone who can work full time, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM with flexibility to occasionally adjust their hours depending on ECHO’s needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Performs administrative tasks, including but not limited to: filing, making copies, maintaining office cleanliness and organization, processing deposits, and special projects as assigned.
2. Enters donation and donor information into Donor Snap in a timely and accurate manner.
a. Mails out recognition letters to donors monthly.
3. Maintains adequate inventory on all office and stationary products and order as needed.
4. Maintains accurate and complete staff meeting minutes and sends them to the team prior the following week’s staff meeting.
5. Assists Administrative and Program Manager with grant tracking.
6. Coordinates with contracted staff (cleaners, water delivery, document collection, etc.) to ensure that deliveries and services are performed.
7. Assists Administrative and Program Manager with coordination of programs for clients. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling and training volunteers for programs, setting up and breaking down programs, being the in-person point of contact for volunteers and agency partners.
8. Assists with basic needs programs for client residents and visiting clients.
9. Attend programs and assist shelter staff and any program volunteers with their needs to ensure that programs run smoothly.
10. Assists Administrative and Program Manager with program retention, planning, and execution.
11. Conduct programs for residents as directed by Administrative and Program Manager.
12. Assist with sorting and puting away all shelter donations.
13. Stocks supplies for the shower program daily including: stocking and organizing the clothing rack, stocking shower products outside of bathrooms, and putting towels out.
14. Answers main phone line and directs calls accordingly.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist with shower program as needed.
2. Assist other staff with special projects as approved by supervisor.
3. Attend trainings that are pertinent to working with the unhoused population.
1. Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
2. Must be fluent in effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English. Must be able to have clear and timely communication with the Administrative and Program Manager.
3. Must be prompt in completing tasks as assigned.
4. Must have a calm demeanor; be able to work under pressure and communicate workplace needs and issues; be able to respond to a crisis situation, health or safety issue and take appropriate and immediate action.
5. Must be comfortable serving the unhoused community.
6. Must be able to maintain privacy and confidentiality of guests and clients.
7. Must have the ability to work flexible schedules and/or be on-call for holidays, nights and weekends.
8. Knowledge of universal precautions and what constitutes a medical or situational emergency.
9. Understanding of mandated reporting laws.
10. Ability to be flexible and work as a team player.
11. Basic familiarity of Office Suite, including WORD, EXCEL, and POWERPOINT.
12. Employment is contingent upon meeting all job requirements.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
At least two years of administrative experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
Must have a reliable vehicle, clean driving record, and proof of insurance.
Must be willing to travel throughout San Luis Obispo County.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee often is required to stand and walk, including stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, climbing stairs, and handling of materials.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Admin Offices are located upstairs, with only stairway access. Noise level varies from quiet office environment to very noisy shelter and dining hall. Variable work environment; work is conducted mostly indoors.
ECHO is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, creed, national origin, disability, sex, gender identity, marital status, age, or any other protected status covered by federal or state law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Avery Barboza at firstname.lastname@example.org
**No phone calls**